Stood tall, Autumn to fall

The pillows rushed to dry the tear

That rolled from fights and lot of fear

It came running and said

I know all your sob stories

Do you want to make such memories?


The blankets rushed to wrap me around

Muttering, I was cozy when you were sound,

While your dreams might have been scary

I am here, my dearie

To cover you like a fairy.


There stood the bed

Not reacting to the ups or downs

Creaking only at the biggest lump

Look at me, it said

Stay grounded and that's the best


The walls were quiet

Pristine and white.

There were scars to count

Yet ignored them all

Just to make you feel firm and bound


That room knew it all

The secrets deep down the heart

Happy smiles or wanly tears

It swept them all and still stood tall

Through every emotion

Like the seasons of 

Autumn to fall.


            - Divya Venkatesan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrance - The invisible connect

I want to keep you happy!