Sound of solitude

I couldn't care less,
about what you said.
I couldn't think less,
about the days we spent.
I couldn't cry less,
about everything I miss.
Where are you?
My one, forever friend.

I couldn't sleep well,
with your dreams filled.
I couldn't speak well,
when you are not at the other end.
I couldn't smile well,
as you were my single mirror.
Where are you?
My one, forever friend.

What do I tell my heart,
that beats so hard?
What do I tell my eyes,
that keeps searching for your sight?
What do I tell my feet,
that always move towards your side?
Where are you?
My one, forever friend.

Forever, I had thought.
False!, its all gone.
Forever, as I felt,
Alas! where do I now get,
Forever a friend,
One, like you to tend.

Where are you?
My one, forever friend.

Forever in memory.
Yes! there you will be.
Forever with that bewitching smile,
Shining high above mine.

In deep memory,
of every dear one lost,
Divya Venkatesan

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrance - The invisible connect

I want to keep you happy!