Guilty Pleasure

I never really knew until that day nor I had thought about it that way too. This feeling was new to me. I had been thinking it as a passing cloud. An impact because of studying in an all-girls Jain school. My people also thought so in the beginning. But it has stayed with me all through these years.

My family was shocked to believe it. They, being an out an out orthodox Tamil family, considered my actions as completely out of the league. They couldn't stand to watch me dancing to its tunes. My elder brothers were specifically dead against it. They mocked at me, teased me every time they saw me with it.

I was undeterred. It was like my recluse during tough times; my one true solace. My energy. My power. Many a time, it was like the light at the end of the tunnel, awakening my senses and sparkling a thought or two. How could I leave it for any of them?

As much as I loved my family, I loved it more. I tried to make them appreciate my equation with it. The positivity and happiness it was bringing to me. I attempted to make them like it, only to realise that, this! was my paradise and I was in my own league.

I spent hours spiritedly with it, ignoring their jeers. I surfed for the best of it and one fine day realised "bas bajna chahiye Gaana". The innumerable foot tapping hindi dance numbers and item songs are my guilty pleasure.

It is and forever my one stop destination for any kind of mood. As I get engrossed in these songs, time just races past me.

Thats mine! So whats yours?
Divya Venkatesan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrance - The invisible connect

I want to keep you happy!